We will discuss fees prior to your first session. A factor that will affect the cost will be whether or not the service I will be providing will be in association with a licensed psychologist.
Unless provided by a medical doctor (MD), fees for psychotherapy are not covered by OHIP. However, many group benefit or insurance plans provide some mental health coverage.
To determine your coverage, ask the following questions:
- Does my plan provide coverage for psychological or mental health services?
- What qualifications must the person providing the services have?
- What is the maximum amount of coverage available to me per benefit year or per treatment session?
- When does the benefit year begin and end (e.g., January to December, April to March)?
- Is there a deductible and if so, how much is it?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
I am able to accept payment by cash or cheque. Payment is due at each session.
Once we have made an appointment, I reserve this time for you. If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please provide me with as much notice as possible. Unless otherwise agreed upon, a cancellation fee for the full cost of the session will be required for appointments cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.